Celebrate with us!
The Science Center offers birthday parties for members and non-members.
What’s included in a Birthday Party Package? Click here for a flyer with birthday information!
- All-day use of the museum for you and your guests
- Access to a private party room for two hours
- One activity of your choice lead by our program director
- One 15% coupon to Larry’s House of Cakes
- One 15% off to Party City
- Refrigerator and Freezer provided
- Fees cover up to 20 children (adults are free)
Member Price: $100
Non-Member Price: $130
More than 20 kids: $5 per additional child
Additional Program: $30
After-Hours Party: additional $25 per half hour, $50 per hour.
Programs available for Birthday Parties:
- “Wow! Science” Science Show– The Science Center staff will show your group a series of “tricks” that seem like they are magic, when in reality, they are all explained by science!
- “Messy Science” Hands-On Program- For this messy program, you can choose one of 3 substances to make and explore! Slime, Cloud Dough, or Oobleck. (Party go-ers are able to take slime and cloud dough home.)
- “Investigating Volcanoes”- Each attendee gets to make their own volcano with our home-made salt dough, and then the party moves to the museum to watch Mt. Boom erupt!
- “Meet and Greet The Science Center Animals”- A meet and greet with 5-6 of The Science Center’s pets. Attendees learn how Science Center staff care for the animals, facts, and are able to pet available animals.
- “Catapults”- Using household supplies, party guests make a catapult and fire away with mini marshmallows as ammo!
- “Oil and Water Painting”*- Get creative with science and use oil and water to create beautiful paintings.
- “Spa Science”*- Do you need to relax? In this program, participants learn how to make their own fizzy bath bombs, and the science behind them. (Each participant may take home their creations.)
- “Dinosaur Egg Party”*- Each child makes their own dinosaur “egg” with a small dinosaur inside. Take them home, let them dry and crack them open!
- *NEW* Fossil Casting*: Create a “Fossil Bed “ impressions of Dino footprints and seashells. Mix and cast your fossils to take home and keep! (Due to the cure time of the plaster, this program needs to be done at the beginning of your party.) Recommended for ages 5 and up.
- *NEW*Solar System Sun Catchers: Design your own solar system of colorful planets! Hang your solar system in your window to see your planets glow in the sun.
- *NEW* Painting with Crystals: Paint a beautiful picture that shimmers with crystals when it dries!
- *NEW* Excavation Rocks: Start your own collection by extracting beautiful polished stones and shells from our special “sandstone rocks”.
- *NEW* Rainbow Array: Learn about the electromagnetic spectrum and visible light while making your own personal rainbow array! Using CDs, twine, and straws to build a mobile to hang up in your window. (This program is best for children 10 years of age and older due to tying knots and possible sharp pieces.)
- *NEW* Cloud Collage: Children will learn about clouds and weather with this experiment. Using cotton balls, construction paper, and a little bit of glue we will talk about the different types of clouds and what they can tell us about the weather. This is a great program for younger children.
- *NEW* Sedimentary Science: With this experiment we will look into geology, hydrology, and soil science! Through layering different soil particles, within a tube, we can see how soil is structured. With the addition of water we will then look at how sediments affect river ways.
*Programs marked with a * indicate a potential for kids to get messy. Old clothes or smocks are encouraged.